Ching Chong Beautiful Ching Chong Beautiful

Overall a great game, but controls are frustrating

This game has great graphics, very fluid animations and engaging music/sfx. It's also a very funny concept and I love all the little extras here and there like the guy popping up laughing at you. I especially liked all the mistranslations. Very well done and highly polished. The platform engine programming is also pretty nicely done. I really like the closelining effect in the game.

I do find the controls quite frustrating though. I get that the game is supposed to be tough, so I really gave it some time and tried to figure out the controls, but I found some things just flat out make the game less enjoyable. Here's some thoughts:

- Character's momentum should stop a bit sooner when you release the key, especially when he's just jogging. It makes it very hard to control when he's skidding all over.
- It should be a little easier to grab onto a ledge. The height of the jump should be controlled by the length of the button being held only and not by how much momentum there is. Possibly allow him to pull himself up from a few pixels lower than it currently is.
- Character should automatically grab onto ledge if he's flush against it and facing it, even if he's not holding the arrow key towards it.
- It'd be nice to be able to gain a little bit of vertical momentum while airborne (maybe half the accelerance on land).

- I'm not exactly sure how to quantify this, but I feel like the run button is not very well implemented. Clock suggests speed, so you run despite the tutorial's warning. While running you can't control your jump's height or length, and can't control hurdling move he does, so most of the time this just results in smashing into a wall. Can run over stairs or slopes, so basically the only reason to run is to wall jump or if the level design requires it. The game would be a lot better if quick reflexes and learning each level allowed one to use run as a way to get a really quick time, but as it is jogging is faster than running.
- Sometimes the player trips when just jogging over stairs and I don't know why.
- Sometimes if you get close to the edge and you start falling down, he gets stuck in a loop of falling over and over again until you arrow key away from the edge.
- The shoes are just a little too squeaky. Maybe make them squeak 50% less often? :)

I had a bunch of specific reason for a lot of these but I had to cut them out due to character limit.

Miami Shark Miami Shark

Very well put together game

This is a really polished game despite the simple concept. The action was intense, and the camera handling, explosions, screaming sound effects, everything was just really well thought out.

Escape Blue Bathroom Escape Blue Bathroom

Kind of fun but mostly frustrating

I think these games would be better if the required actions were just a bit less obscure. I beat the game and I'm not even sure exactly what I did that let me escape.

SHIFT SHIFT

Awesome concept

Great game. The graphics are simple but perfect for this game. I'd love a sequel.

StormWinds 1.5 StormWinds 1.5

Amazingly fun game!

This is an awesome game. The graphics are great and the gameplay is really fun. Upgrading is awesome, especially when you get your turrets to around level 5 or 6 and you can start one-shotting stuff. There's a good amount of variety with the levels and different weapons. I've only beatent one campaign and I can't wait to play more. Nevermind the guy who said -1 for making a pay-to-play portion. This stuff takes a lot of time to make and I think we should appreciate the fact that we have a free portion at all! If you like it enough, pay a few bucks, and if not don't.

There does seem to be a bug with changing the selected cannon after doing upgrades and starting a level. It's like it won't let me select the last cannon I previously had selected until I click on a different cannon.

HeroInteractive responds:

Thanks for your support!

Try using the hotkeys, that can circumvent the bug and fix it. But basically what you said. We're having some issues with the .swf encryption- it's breaking a lot of stuff. We'll get on it.

PALADIN: the Game PALADIN: the Game

Amazing!

If this doesn't deserve a 5 and 10 then I honestly don't know what does. The graphics, sounds, gameplay, story and pace are all OUTSTANDING! I don't know what more could possibly be expected from a Flash game.

Falling Bombs Falling Bombs

Somewhat fun

Strange concept, but kind of fun. The advancing levels were cool, especially the ice and the level names were a nice touch. The difficulty progression had a good pace. Music was fun, I kind of danced to the techno beat during the ice stage. Nice game to play for a few minutes. I got a 632.

Mouse-Avoider Game Mouse-Avoider Game

Common game-type but with new game elements

I've seen lots of mouse-avoider games but not with moving objects, so kudos there. I felt like Indiana Jones at one point, which is cool. Other than that, the animation does its job but is nothing special. Not way too much more fun than other mouse avoider games but still cool.

I'll be Lightning I'll be Lightning

Artistic, Unique, Quirky

Animation and music are great. Game play is unique, quirky, and maybe a little awkward. Fun to play and even a good challenge, though the strangeness hurts replayability a little.

Overall a nice game.

Cupcapades 2 Cupcapades 2

This sequel is awesome!

Haha! I can't believe you've released the sequel! I love the new characters and levels. I think cheesecake is the best, but ice cream is the cutest. :)